Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fabulously Pregnant

Maybe the title is a little misleading. Fabulous may not be the right choice of word, but let me tell you, there are days when I feel as high as a kite. Like, "yeah, I'm pregnant, aren't I cute?" My co-worker told me, "you're going to be one of those women who says, 'Oh, I LOVED being pregnant,' and the rest of us will all secretly hate you for it." I'm not sure if I'd go that far, but like I said, there are days.

What I have learned is that when you're pregnant, everyone loves to give you advice and stories and tell you what you will and won't experience. But everyone is different. For example, one of my clients told me she DOUBLED her weight when she was pregnant. Go ahead, pause in shock. I would DIE. She said it was all stomach, which I find hard to believe, but STILL. If I have a 100 pound belly, I'm not leaving my  house. Just saying.

So far I've gained about 10 or 15 pounds, and I'm about halfway. I have no idea if that is normal or not, and I'd rather not know. When you're as high as a kite, you don't exactly care if you're a fat cow. Besides, if I am, I'm a cute cow. If there ever was such a thing.

Can you believe how positive I am? For those who know me, I was in a constant state of shock for the first three months. Genuine, mouth-agape, dumbstruck shock. And slight panic as well. Now I'm happy. But they say the second trimester does that to you. Deceitful, shameful second trimester: making me feel like my state of mind is way better than it actually is. But truly, now that my honey bun and I are officially husband and wife (don't worry, the actual wedding is next year and there will be loads of photos), I feel much better. AND, guess who's getting a new car soon? That's right, me!

Anyway, so you probably want to know about our little butter bean. Supposedly it's about three quarters of a pound and the size of a banana. It kicks and jumps and rolls and pokes, usually in the evenings right after work, and then again right before bed. We find out on June 7th whether we are having a boy bean or a girl bean, and I'm trying hard not to have a preference. I'm excited though, to plan a cute little nursery! After this, I'm headed over to Ikea.com to scope out the baby furniture. Yay!

In the meantime, I've been salivating over some Rosie Pope items. For your viewing pleasure, and until next time:



1 comment:

  1. I hope it's a girl bean because I can already picture an adorable chic nursery! Take care Hun!
    <3Juan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I LOVE it:)

followers.