Sunday, June 12, 2011

26 Weeks and a Neglected Blog

Well folks, after much speculation, it turns out we’re having a baby boy! I thought Raph could use an extra female in his life, but apparently it’s me who needs another male (how this could be possible, I know not).


I’ve started registering, which usually starts out fun and then quickly becomes tiring. Why is there a car seat and a car seat base? And why are there 500 different types of strollers? There may even be 500 different types of pacifiers, for crying out loud- each with a devoted following. All I have to say is: back in the days of A Land Remembered (best book about old Florida. Ever.), they didn’t have strollers and binkies and diaper genies. And those people turned out just fine, minus the malaria and other Oregon Trail-esque diseases and disturbances.

Next on the agenda is deciding on a name. We have absolutely no picks so far. Raph likes boring names like Bill and Bob and Joe and John. I like… well, not those. So our little man remains nameless. It’s too bad you can’t name children like you name dogs: like if he comes out and he’s really hairy, we’ll name him (duh!) Harry! Or since he’s such an active little bean, maybe he could be Buckaroo! Or Sparky! But surely, people would frown upon that.

Off the baby subject, I think it’s about time to revamp the blog… frankly, desha the store is in shambles because Desha the woman has no time anymore! Or maybe the correct statement is that I have no energy (carrying a baby is a tough job!). So the blog will need to redirect it’s focus: something to encompass the following :

• wedding planning (yes, we are already husband and wife but our big day will come after the baby is born)

• preparing for baby (and then later, raising baby)

• house hunting (and hopefully soon, house decorating!)

• crafting in the time in between


Perhaps instead of “desha. designing your accessories.” it could be “Desha and the three boys.” You know, like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs- except I only have Grumpy (that’s Raph… don’t tell him I said that!), Sleepy (that’s the bean), and Dopey (that’s Maverick the yellow lab). Anyway, whatever title I decide on, the blog image and layout are currently under construction. Hang in there while I get it together!

In the meantime, here's a sneak peek of the Save the Dates Christine and I created, which I am still in the process of mailing out:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I LOVE it:)

followers.